Okay, you guys. My best friend’s mom is a wedding planner and she is great. Look here! Even if you’re not getting married anytime soon! She’s just so good!
I stumbled (okay, facebook creeped) across her website today and I was just really floored. She is based in the DC/Metro area but she could probably pull something together everywhere!
- her: i have always wanted to play soccer its really fun the coach told me black people cant play so ohwell
- me: if i can play soccer ANYONE can play soccer
- me: wait but the coach really said that?
- her: lol :):)
- her: yea i told the princple and she said well he is the coach
- i'm so angry right now. this is a fourteen-year-old girl being told she can't play soccer because she's black by not one but TWO adults with authority in her life.
- Be more like the Erika that drives out at night to get a tattoo than the Erika that contemplates spending New Year’s watching Bridget Jones’ Diary alone in her room.
- Cuss less. Like way less.
- Calm down about school. I am not normal in that regard.
- Walking away, without saying something I’ll regret, when I’m angry.
- Sing in the shower more.
- Look in the mirror and notice first the things that make me happy instead of the things that make me sad. Let myself feel beautiful.
- Pray more.
- Go a little easier on others and myself, too.
- Cross something else off the bucket list.
- Learn to cook better.